Refresh Doylestown 22
From Refresh Doylestown Wiki
Saturday, July 17, 2010, 4pm-7pm
Saxbys Coffee downstairs meeting room
22 N Main St, Doylestown PA 18901
We'll open the meeting with bookmarks. If you find something you'd like to mention or discuss, please add it to the bottom of the list below.
- Google Chrome Screen Reader Support update - Most screen readers can't read non-focusable content within Google Chrome.
- A List Apart Issue 308 - Remember our discussion of Modernizr vs eCSStender?
- Prefix or Posthack - And remember our discussion of vendor specific prefixes?
- Glue extension and Glue iPhone app - Webmonkey describes what Glue is. Relies on "semantic web markup", but no further details.
- Yahoo! Style Guide - A style guide specifically for web content.
- IE’s big leap forward - A positive report from PPK regarding IE9's standards support.
- resizeMyBrowser - Other tools do the same thing, but this app includes nice presets.
- Change proposal for ISSUE-32 - Ian Hickson's argument to drop the summary="" attribute from HTML.
- Non Hover Trent Walton discusses the lack of hover-ability on some devices, and the implications for our designs.
- Which Loads Faster? Compare 2 sites load times. Future of SEO?
Discussion & Personal topics
Here's where we talk about whatever we want to talk about. If you'd like to suggest a topic in advance, please start a list below.
We usually discuss projects we've been working on, stuff we've been reading, or anything else we've been up to. This is a great opportunity to get peer review and see what other local web professionals and hobbyists are doing.
- Google Static Maps API --Chris Cressman
Group administration topics. Something you'd like to discuss? Start a list below.
- Move ahead with homepage redesign? --Christopher Meyers
Sometimes we meet up before and/or after the official event for food and/or drinks. If you're interested, keep an ear on Twitter.
Please use the following tags if mentioning this event online.
Need a short URL to this page? Use: http://bit.ly/boUsSe