Refresh Doylestown 21
From Refresh Doylestown Wiki
Saturday, June 19, 2010, 4pm-7pm
Saxbys Coffee downstairs meeting room
22 N Main St, Doylestown PA 18901
We'll open the meeting with bookmarks. If you find something you'd like to mention or discuss, please add it to the bottom of the list below.
- Meet WOFF, The Standard Web Font Format - Microsoft shows interest in WOFF.
- Google Chrome to Support the Web Open Font Format - Google too.
- Unmatched Style - CSS Gallery and Designer Chat Sessions videos, including interviews with Trent Walton and Andy Clarke.
- Thoughts on Flash - From Steve Jobs of Apple. Discusses Flash, HTML5, CSS3, and open standards.
- Iosbar code standards & front-end development best practices - Internal documentation by Paul Irish and others.
- Google adds support for hCalendar and hRecipe Rich Snippets - Another major implementation of microformats.
- img Sprites – High Contrast Mode Optimization and Image Replacement technique and the sprite method - Using IMG elements for sprites instead of CSS background images may improve accessibility?
- HTML5 for Web Designers and Introducing HTML5 and Dive Into HTML5 aka HTML5: Up and Running - Noteworthy HTML5 books.
- First non-latin web addresses go live - Fully Arabic URLs including TLDs.
- InterACT with Web Standards: A holistic approach to web design - Upcoming book based on WaSP InterAct curriculum. Content and theory precede HTML/CSS, etc.
- Google Font API - Open web fonts directory, and font service.
- A new Chrome stable release: Welcome, Mac and Linux! - Chrome 5 released. Mac and Linux versions have caught up.
- The WebM Project - Google buys and opens the VP8 codec for web video
- On Web Video Support, Safari Now Stands Alone - Apple the only holdout for VP8. No iPhone and iPad support.
- VP8 Could Become a Standard in HTML5 - Mozilla is pushing to make VP8 a web standard.
- Chrome extensions for web developers - Chrome dev tools are catching up with Firefox.
- Touch Gesture Reference Guide - Overview of touch gestures on different touch interfaces.
- Writing Efficient CSS - Mozilla article document optimizing style sheets for performance.
- What's New in Safari 5 - Safari 5 released.
- Web Fonts at the Crossing - Comprehensive overview of recent web font developments.
- WordPress Demystified - PANMA event on June 29.
Discussion & Personal topics
Here's where we talk about whatever we want to talk about. If you'd like to suggest a topic in advance, please start a list below.
We usually discuss projects we've been working on, stuff we've been reading, or anything else we've been up to. This is a great opportunity to get peer review and see what other local web professionals and hobbyists are doing.
- I've heard of Twitter Places, Foursquare, and Gowalla, but I don't really get what they are. If someone attends that knows about these services, I'd appreciate an explanation. --Chris Cressman
Group administration topics. Something you'd like to discuss? Start a list below.
Sometimes we meet up before and/or after the official event for food and/or drinks. If you're interested, keep an ear on Twitter.
Please use the following tags if mentioning this event online.
Need a short URL to this page? Use: http://bit.ly/bigMWJ