Refresh Doylestown 16
From Refresh Doylestown Wiki
Saturday, January 16, 2010, 4pm-7pm
Saxbys Coffee downstairs meeting room
22 N Main St, Doylestown PA 18901
We'll open the meeting with bookmarks. If you find something you'd like to mention or discuss, please add it to the bottom of the list below.
- New Year CSS resolutions - Opera adds more CSS3 support. Use their vendor prefix.
- The 14 Days of jQuery - jQuery 1.4 released.
- Google Threatens to Quit China
- Optimizing HTML
- The Case Against Vertical Navigation - Smashing Magazine
- The Missing CSS Combinator
- Andy Clarke on HTML5
- Tantek Celek on Andy Clarke on HTML5
- John Foliot on Andy Clarke on HTML5
- SitePoint Podcast #44: HTML5 is a (Beautiful) Mess - an awesome summary of where HTML5 is right now.
Main topics (4:30pm-6pm)
Give a presentation or lead a group discussion. Sign up below with your name, choice of topic, and choice of speaking slot. Please choose speaking slots in 15 minute increments.
- 4:30pm-5:30pm, Matt Slusser, Web traffic reporting software - POSTPONED UNTIL MARCH
- Matt is the copywriter and SEO expert at WebLinc, a provider of eCommerce solutions and more in Philadelphia and New York.
- Discussion time will follow his presentation.
- Some new rounded corner techniques I've been using.
Personal topics (6pm-6:30pm)
Show us a project you've been working on; tell us what you've been reading; or discuss your goals. This is an open section for attendees to talk about their work and receive constructive criticism. No sign up required.
Group topics (6:30pm-7pm)
We'll discuss wiki to do items and other group administration topics.
- Suggested/Requested Topics Page?
- Delete/Strike Completed items?
We'll have some free stuff for all attendees.
- Free coffee (or other beverage) courtesy of Campaign Monitor. Please follow the link for details.
- Free t-shirts from AWeber.
- Stickers from Glue
Sometimes we meet up before and/or after the official event for food and/or drinks. If you're interested, keep an ear on Twitter.
Please use the following tags if mentioning this event online.